Access problems?
J Peachey
2009-08-07 20:35:03 UTC
Since about 6.00 today, I have been having difficulty with the
internet. Email has worked on and off, whilst web access has been none
existent. Anyone else having problems?

I've tried looking at the Orpheus home page, but been unable to get to
it - so can't ring the Orpheus support. Suppose I should have the
numbers written down somewhere!

John
_______________________| http://www.jpeachey.co.uk
Dr Peter Young
2009-08-07 21:19:03 UTC
Post by J Peachey
Since about 6.00 today, I have been having difficulty with the
internet. Email has worked on and off, whilst web access has been none
existent. Anyone else having problems?
I've tried looking at the Orpheus home page, but been unable to get to
it - so can't ring the Orpheus support. Suppose I should have the
numbers written down somewhere!
No problems here; 22.16h. Blame BT if in doubt! :-)

I don't think the Orpheus phone lines are manned, but the GeneSys
(Richard Brown, i/c/Orpheus now) ones are. E-mail to support are
usually answered, too.

With best wishes,

Peter.
--
Peter, \ / zfc Yb \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52
Anne \/ __ __ \ England.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk
Tennant Stuart
2009-08-08 16:53:49 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by J Peachey
Since about 6.00 today, I have been having difficulty with the
internet. Email has worked on and off, whilst web access has been none
existent. Anyone else having problems?
I've tried looking at the Orpheus home page, but been unable to get to
it - so can't ring the Orpheus support. Suppose I should have the
numbers written down somewhere!
No problems here; 22.16h. Blame BT if in doubt! :-)
I don't think the Orpheus phone lines are manned, but the GeneSys
(Richard Brown, i/c/Orpheus now) ones are. E-mail to support are
usually answered, too.
This is not a facetious question...

..how does one email Support when email isn't working?

Tennant Stuart
--
____ ____ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ ____
(_ _)( ___)( \( )( \( ) /__\ ( \( )(_ _) Greetings to family
(__) (____)(_)\_)(_)\_)(__)(__)(_)\_) (__) @orpheus.co.uk & MCR
Dr Peter Young
2009-08-08 22:06:37 UTC
Post by Tennant Stuart
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by J Peachey
Since about 6.00 today, I have been having difficulty with the
internet. Email has worked on and off, whilst web access has been none
existent. Anyone else having problems?
I've tried looking at the Orpheus home page, but been unable to get to
it - so can't ring the Orpheus support. Suppose I should have the
numbers written down somewhere!
No problems here; 22.16h. Blame BT if in doubt! :-)
I don't think the Orpheus phone lines are manned, but the GeneSys
(Richard Brown, i/c/Orpheus now) ones are. E-mail to support are
usually answered, too.
This is not a facetious question...
..how does one email Support when email isn't working?
See the reply to Gordon, just sent. Sorry, my reply was a general
suggestion, not a solution to your problem :-(

With best wishes,

Peter.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk
Tennant Stuart
2009-08-09 17:02:00 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by Tennant Stuart
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by J Peachey
Since about 6.00 today, I have been having difficulty with the
internet. Email has worked on and off, whilst web access has been none
existent. Anyone else having problems?
I've tried looking at the Orpheus home page, but been unable to get to
it - so can't ring the Orpheus support. Suppose I should have the
numbers written down somewhere!
No problems here; 22.16h. Blame BT if in doubt! :-)
I don't think the Orpheus phone lines are manned, but the GeneSys
(Richard Brown, i/c/Orpheus now) ones are. E-mail to support are
usually answered, too.
This is not a facetious question...
..how does one email Support when email isn't working?
See the reply to Gordon, just sent. Sorry, my reply was a general
suggestion, not a solution to your problem :-(
I can't see your reply to Gordon, just this one. What I was wondering
was if there's an HTML method of corresponding with Support, since the
browser usually keeps working (touch wood) when email & news go down.

Tennant
--
____ ____ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ ____
(_ _)( ___)( \( )( \( ) /__\ ( \( )(_ _) Greetings to family
(__) (____)(_)\_)(_)\_)(__)(__)(_)\_) (__) @orpheus.co.uk & MCR
Dr Peter Young
2009-08-09 18:54:21 UTC
Post by Tennant Stuart
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by Tennant Stuart
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by J Peachey
[...]
Webmail? http://webmail2.orpheusnet.co.uk/webmail/src/login.php

HTH,

With best wishes,

Peter.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk
J Peachey
2009-08-10 19:34:33 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by Tennant Stuart
Post by J Peachey
Since about 6.00 today, I have been having difficulty with the
internet. Email has worked on and off, whilst web access has been none
existent. Anyone else having problems?
I've tried looking at the Orpheus home page, but been unable to get to
it - so can't ring the Orpheus support. Suppose I should have the
numbers written down somewhere!
[snip]
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by Tennant Stuart
I can't see your reply to Gordon, just this one. What I was wondering
was if there's an HTML method of corresponding with Support, since the
browser usually keeps working (touch wood) when email & news go down.
Webmail? http://webmail2.orpheusnet.co.uk/webmail/src/login.php
HTH,
With best wishes,
Peter.
Well lost total web connection over the weekend. The situation was
made worse because I didn't have the current support phone number!
Doh!

Anyway at work today managed to track Richard Brown down, and have the
problem sorted as you can see. However I don't think it was an Orpheus
problem, as quite a few people in my office had web problems over the
weekend. It looks as if BT may have been carrying out works.

Cheers

John
_______________________| http://www.jpeachey.co.uk
Alan Griffin
2009-08-14 22:27:32 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Webmail? http://webmail2.orpheusnet.co.uk/webmail/src/login.php
If I try to log in to this via Orpheus, I put in my user name and
password, and then get an error message saying: ERROR: You must be
logged in to access this page!

This is not very helpful! It used to work but it doesn't any more.
I e-mailed support a month ago, but got no reply.
(I can access it on my laptop, but not on my RISC PC.)
Alan Griffin
Dr Peter Young
2009-08-15 07:32:20 UTC
Post by Alan Griffin
Post by Dr Peter Young
Webmail? http://webmail2.orpheusnet.co.uk/webmail/src/login.php
If I try to log in to this via Orpheus, I put in my user name and
password, and then get an error message saying: ERROR: You must be
logged in to access this page!
This is not very helpful! It used to work but it doesn't any more.
I e-mailed support a month ago, but got no reply.
(I can access it on my laptop, but not on my RISC PC.)
Alan Griffin
Have you phoned Richard? His numbers are openly available on
http://www.genesys.org.uk/contact.html

HTH,

With best wishes,

Peter.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk
Alan Griffin
2009-08-17 09:57:41 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Have you phoned Richard? His numbers are openly available on
http://www.genesys.org.uk/contact.html
Yes, thank you for the info.
I had a long chat with him, and he was extremely helpful.
I discovered I could access webmail on Netsurf, but not Fresco!

Alan
Stuart
2009-08-18 19:05:39 UTC
Post by Alan Griffin
Post by Dr Peter Young
Have you phoned Richard? His numbers are openly available on
http://www.genesys.org.uk/contact.html
Yes, thank you for the info.
I had a long chat with him, and he was extremely helpful.
I discovered I could access webmail on Netsurf, but not Fresco!
Ahh, I'll give that a try.
--
Stuart Winsor

See: http://www.barndance.org.uk

Risc OS London show Sat 3rd Oct. http://riscoslondonshow.co.uk
Risc OS Midlands show Sat 5th Dec - Birmingham university, as last year
Stuart
2009-08-18 19:05:05 UTC
Post by Alan Griffin
If I try to log in to this via Orpheus, I put in my user name and
password, and then get an error message saying: ERROR: You must be
logged in to access this page!
I noticed the same problem two weeks ago. I was about to go on holiday and
was checking it out in case I had the opportunity to access the 'net
whilst I was away. Trouble was it was too late to do anything - thanks for
reminding me, I must chase it up.