Problems with Orpheus newsgroups?
Dr Peter Young
2009-01-20 16:44:56 UTC
Normally I would have posted this to orpheus.riscos.misc, but you will
see why I am not doing this!

Since this morning NewsHound has been hanging and then timing out when
trying to fetch the orpheus.* groups (not that there's ever much on
them!).

I've enabled full logging in NewsHound, and get:

20 Jan 16:32:08 140 >>> GROUP orpheus.announce
20 Jan 16:34:09 015 Warning : No data received from server - timed
out!

Is anyone else finding this, and does anyone know why this is
happening? In the meanwhile, I've commented out these groups.

On another subject: what is the file XoverErr in NessHound.Config for?
I've only just seen this, and its contents mean nothing to me. It's
currently dated 3 Feb 2005!

TIA,

With best wishes,

Peter.
--
Peter, \ / zfc Tm \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52
Anne \/ __ __ \ England.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk.
Paul Vigay
2009-01-20 17:01:31 UTC
Is anyone else finding this, and does anyone know why this is happening?
In the meanwhile, I've commented out these groups.
It's because I'm rearranging my home network (on which the Orpheus
newsgroups are hosted, via news.vigay.com). I've changed the external IP
address of the server and for some reason DNS hasn't propagated yet. It
should all start working automatically ASAP.

Paul
--
Paul Vigay __\\|//__ Life,
(` o-o ') the Universe

Quality Internet Services, Broadband & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk
Paul Vigay
2009-01-20 17:52:47 UTC
Should all be working again by now....

Sorry about that.

Dr Peter Young
2009-01-20 18:28:28 UTC
Post by Paul Vigay
Should all be working again by now....
It is, thanks.

With best wishes,

Peter.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk.
Dr Peter Young
2009-01-20 18:10:19 UTC
Post by Paul Vigay
Is anyone else finding this, and does anyone know why this is happening?
In the meanwhile, I've commented out these groups.
It's because I'm rearranging my home network (on which the Orpheus
newsgroups are hosted, via news.vigay.com). I've changed the external IP
address of the server and for some reason DNS hasn't propagated yet. It
should all start working automatically ASAP.
Noted, with thanks.

With best wishes,

Peter.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk.
Russell Hafter News
2009-01-20 16:59:34 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Is anyone else finding this, and does anyone know why
this is happening? In the meanwhile, I've commented out
these groups.
Sort of.

I am not getting errors, as far as I know, but Newshound's
window has been staying open on one or other of the Orpheus
NGs. But it seems to have stopped now.
--
Russell
http://www.russell-hafter-holidays.co.uk