Orpheus - The Future - Some Thoughts
John Nolan
2009-03-19 15:27:27 UTC
Hello All,

I have just read through the thread "Re: Message for Orpheus support", in
the NG orpheus.support. If you are able to access orpheus.support and you
have an interest, you might like to look at the thread with the above title.

I've posted this to all the above NGs to check how well "My Orpheus" is
working.

If you can respond with a simple, "I've seen this" or whatever, it would
give some idea of how many there are of us who are reasonably active.

John N.
--
From Glorious Gloucestershire, near Lydney, using :------------
_ _________________________________________
_______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk
Mr. G.W. Outram
2009-03-23 22:56:33 UTC
Post by John Nolan
Hello All,
I have just read through the thread "Re: Message for Orpheus support", in
the NG orpheus.support. If you are able to access orpheus.support and you
have an interest, you might like to look at the thread with the above title.
I've posted this to all the above NGs to check how well "My Orpheus" is
working.
If you can respond with a simple, "I've seen this" or whatever, it would
give some idea of how many there are of us who are reasonably active.
John N.
Ive Seen this.
G W Outram
--
_ _________________________________________
Mr John FO Evans
2009-03-24 15:59:35 UTC
Post by John Nolan
"I've seen this"
Yes I have.

John
--
_ _________________________________________
William Jackson
2009-03-24 10:19:11 UTC
Post by John Nolan
Hello All,
I have just read through the thread "Re: Message for Orpheus support", in
the NG orpheus.support. If you are able to access orpheus.support and you
have an interest, you might like to look at the thread with the above title.
I've posted this to all the above NGs to check how well "My Orpheus" is
working.
If you can respond with a simple, "I've seen this" or whatever, it would
give some idea of how many there are of us who are reasonably active.
John N.
Still using Orpheus.
--
A Government strong enough to give you all you want is powerful enough to take all you have _ _________________________________________
unknown
2009-03-25 13:09:23 UTC
Post by John Nolan
Hello All,
I have just read through the thread "Re: Message for Orpheus support", in
the NG orpheus.support. If you are able to access orpheus.support and you
have an interest, you might like to look at the thread with the above title.
I've posted this to all the above NGs to check how well "My Orpheus" is
working.
If you can respond with a simple, "I've seen this" or whatever, it would
give some idea of how many there are of us who are reasonably active.
John N.
I'm still here, though I now have to wait upto 13 minutes before my
newsgroups start to download (I use dialup). Maybe if others are
experiencing this, then not so many may have seen you post.

Gordon
--
--. --. --. --. : : --- --- .---------------------------------------------.
|_| |_| | _ | | | | |_ | |Internet provider for all Acorn RISC machines|
Ben Crick
2009-03-25 22:39:45 UTC
Post by unknown
I'm still here, though I now have to wait upto 13 minutes before my
newsgroups start to download (I use dialup). Maybe if others are
experiencing this, then not so many may have seen you post.
The thing to do is to untick the Orpheus.*. newsgroups before going
online to up/download your Email and News.

If there is no response from the Orpheus servier, then the program
will hang for several minutes before giving up.

Ben
--
_ __________________________________________
/ \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services
\_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone'
_______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk
Revd Ben Crick BA CF <ben.crick[at]argonet.co.uk> ZFC Re
232 Canterbury Road, Birchington on sea, Kent CT7 9TD (UK)
Acorn RPC700 Kinetic RO 4.03 with Castle Iyonix RO 5.13 Ethernet
* God doesn't want shares in your life; He wants controlling interest.
Tennant Stuart
2009-03-31 22:02:34 UTC
Post by Ben Crick
The thing to do is to untick the Orpheus.*. newsgroups before going
online to up/download your Email and News.
If there is no response from the Orpheus servier, then the program
will hang for several minutes before giving up.
Oh, thanks Ben.

Pity I had to wait 9 days before receiving this advice.

Unticking now, but if it doesn't work, see you at Easter.

Tennant Stuart
--
____ ____ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ ____
(_ _)( ___)( \( )( \( ) /__\ ( \( )(_ _) Greetings to family
(__) (____)(_)\_)(_)\_)(__)(__)(_)\_) (__) @orpheus.co.uk & MCR
Tennant Stuart
2009-04-01 10:39:26 UTC
Post by Tennant Stuart
Post by Ben Crick
The thing to do is to untick the Orpheus.*. newsgroups before going
online to up/download your Email and News.
If there is no response from the Orpheus servier, then the program
will hang for several minutes before giving up.
Oh, thanks Ben.
Pity I had to wait 9 days before receiving this advice.
Unticking now, but if it doesn't work, see you at Easter.
Unticking enabled the news download, but for some reason the upload
went wrong. As this has been fine up until now, I'm assuming it was
due to crossposting with Orpheus.*. newsgroups as 3 earlier posts to
UK.* and ALT.* groups immediately uploaded, then all went very slow.

Hopefully, Ben Crick will still be able to read this; if not, will
anyone else who knows him please advise on the best crossposting.

Tennant
--
____ ____ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ ____
(_ _)( ___)( \( )( \( ) /__\ ( \( )(_ _) Greetings to family
(__) (____)(_)\_)(_)\_)(__)(__)(_)\_) (__) @orpheus.co.uk & MCR
Tennant Stuart
2009-03-31 22:00:56 UTC
Post by unknown
Post by John Nolan
Hello All,
I have just read through the thread "Re: Message for Orpheus support",
in the NG orpheus.support. If you are able to access orpheus.support
and you have an interest, you might like to look at the thread with the
above title.
I've posted this to all the above NGs to check how well "My Orpheus" is
working.
If you can respond with a simple, "I've seen this" or whatever, it would
give some idea of how many there are of us who are reasonably active.
I'm still here, though I now have to wait upto 13 minutes before my
newsgroups start to download (I use dialup). Maybe if others are
experiencing this, then not so many may have seen you post.
I'm still here, though I had to wait NINE DAYS to get this news. :(

Tennant Stuart
--
(_ _)( ___)( \( )( \( ) /__\ ( \( )(_ _) Greetings to family