Placing of Voyager iconbar on screen..?
Bill (Adopt)
2008-11-02 09:40:17 UTC
Although using !Pluto and successfully connected
to Orpheus 24/7 with a smoothly working dsl line,
I use !Voyager's on-screen iconbar (ie guts) to
hold the IP suite including !Pluto, !Fresco et al,
as well as assorted utilities mainly outgoing
post and news counts and other bitties etc..

Question: How does one ensure that the Voyager
IconBar attaches itself on loading to where one
wants it to appear on screen?

I'm sure there's an obvious method as I've had
the Voyager iconbar placed exactly where I wanted
it for years, but having just changed screen size,
I can't remember how I did this ..and am unable to
find any reference in the online manual.

Rather hoping someone clever has an idea...

Bill ZFC
--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
Dave Plowman (News)
2008-11-02 09:54:20 UTC
Post by Bill (Adopt)
Although using !Pluto and successfully connected
to Orpheus 24/7 with a smoothly working dsl line,
I use !Voyager's on-screen iconbar (ie guts) to
hold the IP suite including !Pluto, !Fresco et al,
as well as assorted utilities mainly outgoing
post and news counts and other bitties etc..
Question: How does one ensure that the Voyager
IconBar attaches itself on loading to where one
wants it to appear on screen?
I'm sure there's an obvious method as I've had
the Voyager iconbar placed exactly where I wanted
it for years, but having just changed screen size,
I can't remember how I did this ..and am unable to
find any reference in the online manual.
Preferences - Theme Manager allows you to set the size for your favourite
screen res then save - that will retain the position too.
--
*When you've seen one shopping centre you've seen a mall*

Dave Plowman ***@davenoise.co.uk London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Bill (Adopt)
2008-11-02 15:12:52 UTC
Post by Dave Plowman (News)
Post by Bill (Adopt)
Question: How does one ensure that the Voyager
IconBar attaches itself on loading to where one
wants it to appear on screen?
Preferences - Theme Manager allows you to set the size for your favourite
screen res then save - that will retain the position too.
Cor.. it does too! :))

Thank you, Dave. I just knew a clever person would
turn up with the answer. (I just couldn't remember)..

Many thanks :))

Bill ZFC
Ben Crick
2008-11-02 13:28:49 UTC
Post by Bill (Adopt)
I'm sure there's an obvious method as I've had
the Voyager iconbar placed exactly where I wanted
it for years, but having just changed screen size,
I can't remember how I did this ..and am unable to
find any reference in the online manual.
Switch on the pooter, then when it settles down adjust the desktop
to the way you want it.

Then click Menu on the far right icon on the iconbar to bring up
the Iconbar Task menu. Go down to Desktop boot, then across to
Save boot file. Double click on that; then reset, and you should
get your desktop layout as you designed it.

Ben
--
_ __________________________________________
/ \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services
* Watch your step carefully; everyone else does.
Bill (Adopt)
2008-11-02 21:09:58 UTC
[..]
Post by Ben Crick
Then click Menu on the far right icon on the iconbar to bring up
the Iconbar Task menu. Go down to Desktop boot, then across to
Save boot file. Double click on that; then reset, and you should
get your desktop layout as you designed it.
OK! Thank you Ben. :))

..I'm perhaps wondering that the only slight problem
may be that the technique, valuable though it is, will
give a desktop with a static !Voyager icon bar permanently
on show.

..and I'm not so sure that the Voyager icons displayed
will be either addressable or selectable in the manner
in which they can be directly accessed or written to at
the moment...?

Like many things, the contained Voyager icons are only
needed when they are in use and not at other times!

However.... ;))

..you do remind me that there is another utility, (or
application), named..

!WorkSpace

..which will allow one to have up to six completely
separate desktops working independently from the other;
each showing fully working screens of apps, proggie's,
directories etc, including backdrops.

Each 'desktop' is storable to and selectable from the
!WorkSpace icon on the main iconbar, including any open
pages, spreadsheets in mid-use, graphics in progress,
or whatever and I believe is both saveable and reloadable.

For anyone interested, Paul may well have details of
!Workspace 3.38, (or later), immediately to hand within
the Orpheus database of RISC OS Apps and other collected
treasures..

..and thanks for the timely reminder.. :))

Bill ZFC
Alan Griffin
2008-11-03 14:54:22 UTC
Post by Ben Crick
Post by Bill (Adopt)
I'm sure there's an obvious method as I've had
the Voyager iconbar placed exactly where I wanted
it for years, but having just changed screen size,
I can't remember how I did this ..and am unable to
find any reference in the online manual.
Switch on the pooter, then when it settles down adjust the desktop
to the way you want it.
Then click Menu on the far right icon on the iconbar to bring up
the Iconbar Task menu. Go down to Desktop boot, then across to
Save boot file. Double click on that; then reset, and you should
get your desktop layout as you designed it.
I don't think that was what he wanted! That runs Voyager when the
computer is booted up. What he wanted, was to have the Voyager window
appear on the screen in the right place when he double clicked on Voyager.

Thank you Dave. This is something I have always wanted. It works!
- but you have to tick "Drop Voyager window at start" to get it to work.
At last - Voyager does not cover up the menu bar at the top of the
screen!

Alan Griffin