Wassup?
Dr Peter Young
2008-03-13 11:43:28 UTC
Mail isn't connecting at the moment, either via Hermes or via webmail.
Also, the webmail login page seems to be the only Orpheus page that I
can connect to. News and all other websites are fine.

Nothing (yet?) on the mirror status page, BTW.

With best wishes,

Peter.
--
Peter \ / zfc Er \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52
Anne \/ __ __ \ England.
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk.
Paul Vigay
2008-03-13 13:30:32 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Mail isn't connecting at the moment, either via Hermes or via webmail.
Also, the webmail login page seems to be the only Orpheus page that I
can connect to. News and all other websites are fine.
Did you receive my Orpheus newsletter lastweek, in which I gave advance
warning of routine maintenance being carried out today?

Mail will be unavailable for a couple of hours this morning and other
services will be temporarily unavailable at other periods during the day.
Post by Dr Peter Young
Nothing (yet?) on the mirror status page, BTW.
The maintenance has been on the status page since last week, along with
more specific times.

http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/status and
http://backup.orpheusinternet.co.uk/status
--
Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/

Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - http://www.vigay.com/
Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/
Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
Dr Peter Young
2008-03-13 16:44:47 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Mail isn't connecting at the moment, either via Hermes or via webmail.
Also, the webmail login page seems to be the only Orpheus page that I
can connect to. News and all other websites are fine.
Nothing (yet?) on the mirror status page, BTW.
Paul has politely pointed out to me about the scheduled maintenance,
which my senile brain had filed away under last week!

Sorry, everyone.

With best wishes,

Peter.
--
Peter \ / zfc senile \ Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos. GL52
family / \__/ \_/ | \| \__/ \______________ ***@ormail.co.uk.
Bill (Adopt)
2008-03-14 05:57:00 UTC
Post by Dr Peter Young
Post by Dr Peter Young
Mail isn't connecting at the moment, either via Hermes or via webmail.
Also, the webmail login page seems to be the only Orpheus page that I
can connect to. News and all other websites are fine.
Nothing (yet?) on the mirror status page, BTW.
Paul has politely pointed out to me about the scheduled maintenance,
which my senile brain had filed away under last week!
Sorry, everyone.
No need to apologise! I was forced to admit to the
Venerable Paul hissself when he mentioned it that my
even more senile brain only remembered reading it
somewhere (after considered reflection) but couldn't
remember where - believing it to be purely by osmosis.

I'm presently wondering if it was accidentally flushed
out with the spam along with that defunct parrot with
the oversize breeding appendage..

;'))

Bill ZFC
--
Adoption InterLink UK with -=- http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet -=- http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
Paul Vigay
2008-03-14 10:02:56 UTC
No need to apologise! I was forced to admit to the Venerable Paul
hissself when he mentioned it that my even more senile brain only
remembered reading it somewhere (after considered reflection) but
couldn't remember where - believing it to be purely by osmosis.
I guess I could always put maintenance alerts on the status page in a
bright pink box with bright yellow text or something....? ;-)

Bill (Adopt)
2008-03-15 01:00:57 UTC
Post by Paul Vigay
No need to apologise! I was forced to admit to the Venerable Paul
hissself when he mentioned it that my even more senile brain only
remembered reading it somewhere (after considered reflection) but
couldn't remember where - believing it to be purely by osmosis.
I guess I could always put maintenance alerts on the status page in a
bright pink box with bright yellow text or something....? ;-)
..alternately flashing...?!

(The message, that is)! O;))

Bill ZFC
Dr Peter Young
2008-03-15 08:39:30 UTC
On 14 Mar 2008 Paul Vigay
Post by Paul Vigay
No need to apologise! I was forced to admit to the Venerable Paul
hissself when he mentioned it that my even more senile brain only
remembered reading it somewhere (after considered reflection) but
couldn't remember where - believing it to be purely by osmosis.
I guess I could always put maintenance alerts on the status page in a
bright pink box with bright yellow text or something....? ;-)
or reinstate the RSS feed for this sort of thing? I haven't had an
Orpheus RSS message for ages!

With best wishes,

Peter.